For the skewers
- 1 ½ lb. sword fish steak, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- ½ cup mint leaves
- Lime halves, to serve
For the marinade
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Pea hummus
- 8 oz. store-bought plain hummus
- 2 cups peas, blanched
- ½ cup mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- To make the pea hummus: Place hummus, peas, mint and lime juice in a food processor and process until combined. Add a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- For the marinade: Place the fennel seeds, garlic, 2 tablespoons of lime juice, mustard, 1 tablespoon of oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- For the skewers: Thread swordfish pieces onto the wooden skewers. Brush the swordfish with the mustard and fennel mixture. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Drizzle some oil in the pan and cook the skewers in batches, for 2 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through.
- Place the fennel, mint, remaining lime juice and oil in a bowl and toss to combine.
- Serve the skewers with pea hummus, fennel salad and limes.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 20